Are you tired of the bad boys, the losers, the dead beat boyfriends? In this busy life, with all the trends and confusion, its hard for a girl to figure out what needs to be done in order to find the right guy. The good news is you don’t need any dating service to find a good man. This simple step-by-step page will help you find the right guy for you!
- Create a list of qualities you want in a Dream Guy, and expect to get about half on any date you go on. For example, a list may say “He Must: 1) Work on or have a higher education, 2) Have a job, 3) Have a car, 4) Treat his family with respect, 5) Refrain from drug use.” Choose traits and qualities that are important to you as this list will be a tool to better understand who you’re dating.
- After you create this list, open up the door! Tell any and every guy that is interested in you that you are willing to date them, friends, best friends, acquaintances even, but they must understand that they are not the only one you’re dating. This means there should be no jealousy, and no one gets hurt in the process.
- Schedule dates with each of the men, and keep a mental list of those qualities running in your head during the date. When you get home, check off the qualities you saw displayed, and write the gentleman’s initials next to the mark so you know which one displayed that particular quality.
- Continue dating and complete this process for however long you feel you need. Things may take a lot longer than you think, and the relationship may take turns you never saw coming. This step-by-step is just a spring board for you to get out and on the hunt. When you feel ready for a committed relationship, look over the list and see who has the most qualities you wanted.
- When you find the two best men, think over what qualities you wanted that they might not have, and decide if you can handle the fact that they don’t have those qualities. Can you handle the fact they don’t have a car? Can you handle the annoying things he does during dinner, like talk with his mouth full, slurp when he drinks, or talk too much? If yes, then don’t rule them out. Then think about how they make you feel when you’re around them. If conversation and that “spark” aren’t there then obviously it’s not right for you. If they are, then perfect.
- Search your heart, and make a choice, letting everyone else know that you are no longer in the market, at least not for a while. Explain to them that although you like them as a friend, and enjoyed the dates, you’re just not interested in a relationship with them.
- Schedule a final date with the number one guy, and discuss with him how you feel and what your intentions for the relationship in the future are, and ask him if this relationship is going to go further. Talk with him about where you want it to go, and where he sees it going, and if he truly is the one, then be willing to wait a reasonable amount of time.
- If the date is total bomb, then bow out. Don’t suffer through it, but politely excuse yourself from the date and don’t make plans for another!
- Be Honest and open! Honesty is the number one most important thing in any relationship. And true, if you’re breaking up with a few of the men they might be hurt, but they would rather hurt for a day or two, then stay in a relationship that is based upon false emotions.
- Don’t cancel them out on the first date unless something totally inappropriate happens. Love needs a chance to grow, and that wont happen if you cancel out Bill from accounting just because he’s got those out of date glasses.
- When looking for love, you need to look for the person on the inside, not the person on the outside. In this world today we focus too much on physical appearance. Bill from accounting with the old glasses might be your prince charming if you can get past the shallow tendency to look only at physical appearance. We girls like to have it all, and well, guys aren’t that good at giving it to us, but they mean well, and they try so hard.
- Do not get into a physical relationship unless you’ve talked it through. That doesn’t mean you need to tell all the men that you’re dating that you’re sleeping with guy number two, but make sure that guy number two understands that just because it’s physical doesn’t mean anything else. Understand as well that getting physical doesn’t mean you have to get into a serious, emotionally involved relationship.
- Use common sense. Public places are your friend, and on the first date, agree to meet them at the restaurant. About date two or three you should be able to trust them to pick you up.
- Never let a man order for you. By date three the gentleman should not know you well enough to order your food.
- How to Ask a Guy Out
- How to Find Your Ideal Partner
- How to Get Him to Make a Move
- How to Get a Senior Interested in You As a Freshman
- How to Find the Right Pet
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world’s largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Find the Right Guy. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.