“Dis-moi ce que tu manges, je te dirai ce que tu es.” [Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are].
In an essay entitled Concerning Spiritualism and Materialism, 1863/4, Ludwig Andreas Feuerbach wrote:
“Der Mensch ist, was er ißt.”
That translates into English as ‘man is what he eats’.
Can this be true?
Ikaw ba? naniniwala ka ba na ang iyong kinakain ay nagrereflect sa kung ano ka? Napanuod ko kaninang umaga sa Discovery Channel that people who eat potato chips or kahit anong chichiria ay mga masasayahing tao. Samantalang kung mahilig ka sa cracker ikaw yung pala isip na tao. Well, how true are these facts sa sarili mo. At some point, medyo naniwala ako, that it is possible na kung ano kinakain ko it can reflect my personality o sabihin na nating WE ARE WHAT WE EAT. Pero hindi ito literal ha, baka mamaya dahil kumakain ka na ng baboy, baboy ka na. hindi naman po ata kaaya aya yung ganun di ba? I saw this sa net, it might help everyone to discover who they are. hehehe!
Snack Food Personality Test
Along with the horoscope, four temperaments, personality types and psychological tests, those who seek the gnosis of the world can take a very simple test that will reveal secret knowledge about their personalities. This is a very brief, simple test that does not require psychological interpretation. As soon as you take the test, you can turn to the profiles and find out the essence of your personality. Furthermore, you can keep an eye on which snacks your friends choose and thereby have secret knowledge about them, which will naturally help you socialize more effectively.
Furthermore, this test might save Christians lots of time and money, because it may be about as reliable and valid as most other personality tests that mission agencies and other Christian organizations use in evaluating candidates. In fact, this test was administered to 800 volunteers along with other personality tests and the results were comparable.
The only prerequisite for the test is that you must answer the question as if you are not on a diet and as if all the choices are equally beneficial to your body. Now, just pick your favorite snack from the following list:
(1) Potato chips
(2) Tortilla chips
(3) Snack crackers
(5) Cheese curls
(6) Meat snacks
Discover your own Snack Food Personality Profile.
According to Alan Hirsch, MD, a researcher at the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago, the following are snack food personality profiles:
(1) Potato chips: “Potato chip lovers are successful, high achievers who enjoy the rewards and trimmings of their success—both in business and in family life.”
(2) Tortilla chips: “Perfectionists in regards to their own actions and to the community at large, people who crave tortilla chips are humanitarians who are often distressed by the inequities and injustices of society.”
(3) Snack crackers: “Contemplative and thoughtful, people who prefer snack crackers base their decisions on logic rather than emotions.”
(4) Pretzels: “Lively and energetic, pretzel fans seek novelty and thrive in the world of abstract concepts. They often lose interest in mundane, day-to-day routines.”
(5) Cheese curls: “Formal, conscientious and always proper, the cheese curl lover can be described with one word—integrity. They will always maintain moral high ground with their family, work and romantic partners.”
(6) Meat snacks: “Gregarious and social, those who reach for a savory bag of pork rinds or crave beef jerky and other meat snacks are often the life of the party. They are loyal and true friends who can always be trusted.”
Wow! Did you notice that with this test everyone is a winner? That’s because the research for this personality test was “conducted on behalf of the Snack Food Association and the National Potato Promotion Board.” To learn about some of the negative aspects of these personality profiles, just take some of the key words of each profile and compare them with some of the more detailed lists given with other descriptions of personality types, such as the four temperaments, the DISC, or the MBTI.
The question remains, however, as to whether “You are what you eat” or “You eat what you are.” Can a person change personality types by choosing the snack with the most appealing personality? If this all sounds like nonsense, you are getting the point. However, we must end this nonsense with one more typology: there are two types of people: those who believe this nonsense and those who don’t.