From ups and downs and downs and ups, this is how 2011 passed through in my life. Too many things had happened, good, bad and sometimes just plain, but none of these have I regretted. Because I believe, that God has a purpose and a reason why He allowed things to happen.
Just to give you some highlights, in 2011:
- I resigned from my (almost six-year not-so well-compensated) job after fighting for the service contractors’ rights (that until now is still an issue);
- I bought myself a DSLR but now it’s not working, and please don’t ask me coz I also don’t know why but hoping that it will get fixed soon;
- I got admitted to Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM);
- I was able to travel in Thailand for leisure and of course, Malaysia for my studies and also, before I left the country I got a chance to visit Sagada, Dapitan, Dipolog, Albay, Bataan, Subic, Pagudpud, and Baguio;
- I celebrated my birthday, Christmas’ Eve, and New Year’s Eve alone, yes ALONE but at least it gave me a moment with God;
- I rode an elephant, cruised a lake, fed some reindeers, and took a picture with a yellow snake;
- I met people from more than 20 countries and gained new friends;
- I had the chance to attend a conference sponsored by UNESCO, stayed in a five-star hotel and live like a queen in five days;
- I have tried different cuisines from Chinese, Malaysian, Indian, Persian, to Thai;
- I learned to manage my allowance (yeah believe it or not, finally I’ve learned to say g’bye to shopping, at least for now hehe);
- And I found a church where my Christian life is (I may say) growing.
Aside from these highlights I have also learned a lot of lessons in life such as:
- Everything in this world is temporary. Being a service contractor of PhilRice for almost six years thought me to trust Him more, and that a permanent position in the government doesn’t guarantee happiness, fulfillment, and security in life. What matters is you’re doing your job right and you do it because you love it. And lastly, in work before acting and deciding on anything else, you must consider first the welfare of others coz that’s where success begins.
- Worrying means not trusting Him. It is normal to be worried at times but we should not allow it to eat us coz we might end up with nothing to hold on to. It is such a comfort knowing that God is always there for me to rescue me in times of trouble, to intervene amidst a difficult situation, and to lift me up when I am down. So every time worry comes, I always run to Him.
- Pain, loneliness, homesickness etc should not make you feel like giving up instead, these should motivate you to become a better, bolder, and stronger person. It is not easy to study in a place where everything seems strange, strange in a sense where almost everything is totally different from the things you are used to. New environment, people, system etc… but thank God for His promise in Joshua 1:9 telling me to be strong and courageous for He is with me wherever I go. Also, let us always be reminded that God puts us into a test to prepare us for His best.
- It’s not yet too late to start things right. I have done a lot of things in my life – things that sometimes you wish you did not do it but you did or things that you should have done but you didn’t. But it’s not because you are in that situation it doesn’t mean there is no hope nor forgiveness nor grace coz there is. As I further read His book there I found answers, there I also found hope, forgiveness and grace. So when things don’t go your way, when things happened even if you don’t want it to happen, remember that it’s not yet too late to start things right.
Leaving you with these words:
To master this life, spend time with the Master!
Friends, the best is yet to come for 2012. Expect more blessings and breakthroughs in you life, you just need to trust Him and surrender everything to Him. Remember that IN HIS PRESENCE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN! 🙂