- November is National Rice Awareness Month (NRAM) proclaimed by PGMA in 2004 (Proclamation 524) to promote awareness on the value of rice
- This Years Theme: weRice represents the Filipinos’ collective soul shaped by rice
- 3 key messages: increased income in farming, better nutrition through brown rice, rice conservation
Posts Tagged With: bigas
Sa bawat isang kutsarang kanin na nasasayang kada araw ng bawat isa sa atin, katumbas nito ang libu-libong sako ng bigas kada taon.
Ibig sabihin lamang nito, na kung ang bawat Pilipino ay bibigyang halaga ang palay, bigas, at kanin, matutugunan natin ang problema sa kakulangan ng pagkain.
Kailan pa ba natin ito hindi sasayangin? kapag dumating na lang ba ang panahong wala na tayong makaing kanin?
Isipin lagi natin na sa bawat butil ng palay ay may buhay na nakasalalay.
Sana maging kaisa ka sa adbokasiyang ito.
Maari mong ilagay ang logo na ito sa sidebar ng blog mo. Salamat.
Para sa karagdagang kaalaman ukol sa pagpapalay maaring buksan ang www.philrice.gov.ph
Para naman sa nais makibahagi sa National Rice Awareness Month na gaganapin sa Nobyembre maaring buksan ang www.riceawareness.multiply.com o i- add/i-like and Rice Awareness page sa Facebook.
in my 3years of working in PhilRice, i encountered different faces from different races but only a few made a mark in my heart and mind, and most of them are the youth that we once believed to be the future of our country.
i love taking pictures of them since their emotions transpire in their eyes. having been taken them with an expressive eyes tells already a story of the whole picture.
one of my favorite subject is this kid. they call him Lupin since at a young age he already knows how to steal money and valuable things from people. i actually featured him already. check here.
Studies made by the Food and Nutrition Research Institute and the Bureau of Agricultural Statistics show that Filipino consumers waste some 25,000 bags of rice everyday where every Filipino in a household contributes a spoonful of cooked rice to the food misuse. This means that about 11 billion pesos worth of rice is eaten annually by their pets or even pests at home. If consumers will only use rice more wisely, the government’s importation will become less. The total daily rice ‘wastage’, if conserved, can feed some 3.8 million people in a day.
RICE IS LIFE.
Celebrate LIFE; Celebrate RICE this November – the National Rice Awareness Month.
Be part of the many Pinoys who will express their love for rice through a fan sign. This activity aims to instill the importance of rice to our lives. If every Filipino will learn how to save rice, there will be enough rice for everyone.
Participants will also get the chance to win some prizes.
1. Create your most creative way of saying how much you love RICE. For example, you can snap a photo of yourself while holding a piece of paper with the “I love rice” phrase. (You can use your photography skills and Photoshop, too. Moreover, manipulations of photos are also accepted.)
2. When you’re done, email that digital photo/artwork at email@example.com and use I love rice Fan Sign as a subject. Place also your nickname and contact details in your message.
3. Remember: BE CREATIVE!
Start submitting your entries now. Deadline is on November 20, 2009. Winners will be announced on November 23, 2009. The organizers will contact the winners through email/text messages.